Is the usage of wym online appropriate?

what does wym mean? Simple! What you mean? Sounds so slang but so wrong, it should have been “what do you mean”, actually. So Is it even appropriate to use this acronym. “wym” with texts on social media, or should we stick to the right way of asking it. What do you think?
wym?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wym? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think with conversations in Social Media, it’s just okay, the word is okay, not really appropriate. But if you will use it in Emails, it’s definitely not appropriate, might as well stick with formal language and tone. Slangs or acronyms like wym will definitely not go well with it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I agree to this using acronyms or online expressions is appropriate depending on the perspective of the user and the level of formality needed in a conversation. I actually use wym in a casual chat with friends online on different social media platforms, seems appropriate to use it there. That’s just me! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yes me too. Usage of words or slang words like wym in a casual manner doesn’t really need to be always viewed as appropriate or inappropriate. I think it also depends of your relationship with the people you are talking to or the followers you have. It’s just my take