Ambassador Advertising

Human representation never fails to boost the total branding image of a certain brand. Consumers are now a bit apprehensive to purchase anything from a faceless brand. Ambassador advertising has always been practiced even before through celebrities in several endorsements or TV advertisements. And now, since we are in a digital age, influencers are also being tapped by brands to be their brand ambassador. But sometimes, this is more classified as influencer marketing.

Who can be a Brand Ambassador?

A Brand Ambassador should be someone who knows the brand and its products well. It can be the popular ones: celebrities or influencers, or the loyal ones: employees or customers.

Why do Brands tap certain people to become their Brand Ambassador?

Brands tap the service of celebrities or influencers to become their Brand Ambassador mainly because of their popularity. Employees and customers are considered as true fans of the brand because of their loyalty and it can be a reason for them to be tapped as brand ambassadors as well. Brands want to maximize the reach and good experience of these people for better brand advertising.

What does a Brand Ambassador do?

A Brand Ambassador should maximize his/her circle of influence to boost the image of a certain brand. It can be through word of mouth, Social Media, blogs, vlogs, and any other content that they can share with people.

Advantages of having a Brand Ambassador:

We must admit, sometimes, even if we are not fans or impressed by a product of a certain brand for us to purchase it, we still end up purchasing it because we are fans of their brand ambassador, right? That’s the reality of today. Brands are leveraging on the popularity of these personalities to boost their image and in the case of influencers, their Social Media presence.

Also, sometimes, there are people who usually listen to other people’s reviews and personal experiences of a certain product before they are convinced to try it out.

5 Likes

I’m guilty of the fact that I buy products that I don’t personally like just because I like their Brand Ambassador :joy: :sweat_smile:

Brilliant minds behind ambassador advertising :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Personally, I do check Youtube vlogs first or any reviews online before I try out a certain product for the first time. It’s helpful if I find someone who really tried and tested the product, not just someone who endorsed the brand :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I think having a Brand Ambassador only works for large-scale brands who can afford to compensate these Brand Ambassadors :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

I’m guilty of the same thing! I usually check a brand’s credibility sometimes based on who advertises their product. Might as well get the most popular ambassador they can get :laughing:

This is true as well. Fact check first. However, sometimes, ambassadors are really good in advertising the product and we get enticed easily :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Brand ambassadors who are limited to big brands only :roll_eyes:

We are enticed easily by these ambassadors when we are their fans :joy: :rofl:
That’s why influencers who have a good number of followers and hard-core fans are highly considered for ambassador advertising! :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

If I do have a business of my own, this ambassador advertising would be very helpful but very costly as well :rofl: :sweat_smile: